OUR POSITIVE TRAINING POLICIES
These policies have been created to help every student in class have the best experiences possible. Thank you for abiding by these guidelines and promoting a safe and fun place to learn. If you have any questions about these policies, please contact us with concerns prior to the start of class so we can work toward a reasonable solution.
- Classes and private lessons are non-refundable. Please consider your personal schedule very carefully prior to registering. When possible, we will permit make-up classes, but this is not always an option as our classes are very popular and are usually filled to capacity and specialty classes are offered infrequently.
- Group Class Cancellation Policy: If you need to withdraw from class before the first day, you may transfer your payment to an upcoming class. If class has already started, refunds or transfers are not permitted.
- Private Lesson/Day Training Cancellation Policy: If you need to schedule a private lesson or day training session, please provide Dog Face with 24 hours notice. Lessons cancelled without 24 hours notice will be charged the full session fee.
- We accept credit card, cash and check. Private lesson packages and day training require prepayment. Classes must be paid for 5 days prior to the start of class. Checks should written out to Dog Face Dog Training and mailed to 4593 Rocky Dell Rd. Cross Plains, WI 53528.
- In the opinion of the instructor, if any dog is unsuitable for the group class environment (either because it doesn’t not have the necessary foundation skills for the group class or because it is uncontrollable, unpredictable or aggressive) will be removed and referred to a more suitable class or private lesson. The balance of the group class tuition (less the prorated cost of the lesson already attended) will be applied toward the tuition of the alternative service.
- Children are welcome to attend group classes and training sessions under the supervision on an adult. To promote a productive training environment, when bringing children under the age of 10, a second, non-participating adult must be present with children while on the premises. Children under the age of 18 may not, under any circumstances, be dropped of with the dog to participate in class in the absence of a parent or guardian.
- Vaccinations are required at all of our facilities. Dog over the age of 6 months must have Rabies and DHPP, those under 6 months must be current on all age appropriate shots.
- Leash and Clean Up - please keep your dog leashed when entering and exiting the building. Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their own dog while on the training premises, including the parking lot, entryways, gravel, grass and classroom floor.
- Training Tools - choke, prong and electric collars, leash corrections, slapping, hitting, pushing, etc and any and all aversive training tools or techniques are not permitted on the training premises, which includes the parking lot. No Exceptions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WILL TRAINING WITH TREATS MEAN THAT I ALWAYS HAVE TO USE TREATS WHEN ASKING MY DOG TO DO SOMETHING? No! The goal with motivational training is to use reinforcers, like treats, to build a strong training foundation and relationship with your dog. Over time, behaviors will be learned and we can begin asking for behaviors without reinforcement every time. Our goal is to teach your dog how to respond to your cues without a treat in hand, by creating strongly-reinforced, learned behaviors at the beginning of the training process. Think of treat training as building a savings account - all of those treat rewards are like money in the bank, so your dog will have the behavior when you need it
I DON'T VACCINATE MY DOG. CAN I STILL COME TO CLASS? We want to maintain a healthy environment for all of our dogs. In order to do this, each dog, over 6 months, must be current on DHPP and rabies vaccines. We also encourage Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccines as well. For puppies under 6 months, we require that all puppies are on schedule with their veterinarian’s vaccination practice. If you do not vaccinate but are still interested in training, we are happy to provide this service through private lessons.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS BAD WEATHER? Decisions to cancel classes due to inclement weather will be made 2 hours prior to the start time of class. If a class is canceled, Dog Face will offer a make up week, extending class by 1 week. Because we cannot accommodate for each participant’s unique feelings about driving in snow/ice, we do encourage you to make the best decision for yourself and your pet
MY DOG IS ILL. SHOULD I STILL COME TO CLASS? Please keep your sick dogs resting comfortably at home. However, you are very welcome to attend without your dog to learn the class lesson for the day.
CAN I MAKE UP A CLASS? We do not make any promises that there will be an opportunity to make up a class missed due to your personal schedule, however, please ask! If we have an open spot and a new student will not disrupt the flow of the class, we will certainly do our best to accommodate.
HOW MANY DOGS ARE IN CLASS? Our classes are offered with a minimum of 4 dogs and a maximum of 8. There are some specialty classes that may require lower class maximums.
MY DOG IS REACTIVE. CAN HE JOIN CLASS? Maybe. In our general obedience classes and some specialty classes, there is a great deal of movement and excitement that can be too stressful for shy, reactive or aggressive dogs. Please see our Focused and Confident classes or contact Jessica at email@example.com with details on your pup. We are here to help!
I AM A FOSTER DOG PARENT. CAN DOG FACE HELP ME? Yes, Dog Face offers group training class and private lesson discounts. To learn more, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org